You Qualify If :
You are an active Union Gas or Enbridge Customer with an existing natural gas furnace/boiler as your main heat source
Own a detached, semi-detached, row townhouse, or mobile home
Do an energy assessment both before and after your renovation
Complete at least two eligible energy upgrade renovations
Maximum of 120 days between first and second assessment allowed
Provide copies of all receipts for energy upgrades
* Maximum $5,000 rebate includes a $550 rebate for both energy assessments excluding HST.
* Work cannot be started or completed on any of your energy efficiency upgrades such as: replacement of your furnace, heater, windows or insulation. If furnace must be replaced due to a ‘no heat’ circumstance there may be an exception. Speak with your registered energy adviser.
*Only one enrolment for incentives per address is permitted in a calendar year.
Enbridge Gas Home Efficiency Rebates:
$1250 – For adding at least R23 to 100% of basement walls.
$750 – For adding at least R12 to 100% of basement walls.
$1000 – For adding at least R23 to 100% of floor above crawl space.
$1000 – For adding at least R23 to 100% of crawl space walls.
$500 – For adding at least R12 to 100% of crawl space walls.
$500 – For basement and/or crawl space wall insulation if 100% coverage is achieved (with a minimum of 5% total foundation exterior insulated).
- Basement Insulation requires a minimum 20% of total wall area be upgraded.
- When both a basement and crawl space are present, all applicable grants are prorated to a maximum of $1,000 based on the total wall area.
- Bonus $500 for foundation exterior walls includes pony wall, basement walls, and crawlspace exterior walls but not floor above crawlspace.
$3000 – For adding at least R20 to 100% of building.
$1750 – For adding at least R9 to 100% of building to achieve a minimum of R12.
$1000 – For adding at least R3.8 to 100% of building to achieve a minimum of R12.
$400 – For replacing your water heater with a 0.8 EF (or higher) tank or a 0.9 EF (or higher) tankless ENERGY STAR® qualified natural gas water heater.
Note: Maximum one water heater rebate per home. Switching to/from an electric water heater does not qualify for the rebate. Replacing a heating system and water heater with a combo system counts as one measure and qualifies for water heater rebate only. Replacing existing combo system with furnace/boiler and water heater counts as one measure and qualifies for water heater rebate only.
$40 – For each window, door or skylight replaced with ENERGY STAR® qualified model.
Note: $40 rebate per rough opening. Bay windows are considered one rough opening.
$650 – For increasing attic insulation from R35 or less to at least R60.
$650 – For increasing cathedral/flat roof insulation by at least R14.
Note: Attic Insulation requires a minimum 20% of total ceiling area be upgraded. Rebates are prorated based on the total ceiling area % upgraded. The rebate for any combination of attic, cathedral ceiling and flat roof cannot exceed $650.
$150 – For achieving 10% or more above base target.
$100 – For achieving base target.
$150 – For completing 3 energy upgrades.
$500 – For completing 4 energy upgrades.
$750 – For completing 5 or more energy upgrades.